We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour guide infos

Luxembourg
1 post
Save Topic
tour guide infos

Hi David

Thank you for your useful post.I will be travelling to Egypt Late October and I am just like you always travel on my own.I am going to have a shorter program than yours.I have 7 days trip to Egypt and I am not sure about the main places that I should visit in this period.basicly I am going to have a nile cruise for 3 nights and cairo 2 nights and may be Alexandria or Sharm El sheikh

my q is

does the tour guide you have recommended has a travel agency or he is handling his own business?

do you have any idea about an Island in Aswan called Sehel.have you been there?I have heared it is a very good place to swim on the river!

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour guide infos

sorry if i answer this post even if it is not directed to me just i would like to inform you that for the Island of Soheil there is 2 islands with the same name one is called Eastern Sohail and the other called Western Sohail , to reach you have to take a motor boat from any where in Aswan , it will sail with you through the first cataract , very beautiful scenery and pass through a natural preservation area, then you arrive to what we call the Nubian beach , there yes you can swim in the River nile, but it is only if you are a good swimmer, as the nile is deep , between 3 to 6 meters deep , so only if you swim well do it , it is strongly recomended , water is crystal clear and very nice, end of october may be it will be a little bit cold , but not that cold that you can not swim in it, then after the beach you can go to any one of the 2 Sohail, personally i like western Sohail as it do not involve an entrance fees, you can walk around the village where locals will invite you for a drink in their houses , expecting a small tip from you , something like 3 egyptian pounds per person more or less, the Eastern Sohail is different as it have archaeological area that require a ticket of 20 egyptian pound per person

2. Re: tour guide infos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 22, 2009