We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maternity Care in Cairo

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Maternity Care in Cairo

My husband and I are planning a short trip to Cairo next month prior to a longer time in Jordan. I recently found out that I am pregnant and, while I'm still very excited about travelling, would like to get some information about maternity care, just in case it is needed, while we're in Cairo. Is there one particular hospital or care center that would be recommended in an emergency situation related to pregnancy? Any specific doctors or practices just in case something comes up that may not be an emergency but may be urgent?

Thanks very much!

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

This is one hospital that I read is good:

http://www.elnadahospital.com/

Good luck with your pregnancy.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

Thank you!

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

EL Nada as stated is one of the most famous well known hospitals, this is near to Giza District and exactly in Manial area, there they have very good doctors and all professionals

wish you all the best with your pregnancy and to have a very healthy child

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,291 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

Speaking as a non Egyptian I have always understood that Western style hospitals in Egypt are very good. You would of course have to pay for treatment, so I suggest you make sure you have insurance that would cover you for treatment and repatriation in the unlikely event of any problem.

Have a good time!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

Thanks, everyone! I'm excited to come to Cairo. I really appreciate the information regarding medical care as a precaution. I do have travel medical insurance just in case. Thank you again, everyone!

Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

Tabarak hospital - King Faisal st.

7. Re: Maternity Care in Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 15, 2016