We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IHG hotels in Cairo

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
IHG hotels in Cairo

My husband and I are hoping to tack on a short trip to Egypt prior to beginning a tour of Jordan in late February since it's only a 90 minute flight from Amman and who knows when we'll be back in this part of the world again. We have a lot of rewards points from the IHG rewards program, which we'd be able to redeem for free lodging during our trip. The only question is where? Our choices in Cairo would be as follows:

InterContinental : Cairo Semiramis

Holiday Inn : Cairo Maadi

InterContinental : Citystars Cairo

Holiday Inn : Cairo - Citystars

Staybridge Suites : Cairo - Citystars

Strangely, they're all approximately the same number of points, so cost doesn't matter. We're leaning toward the Intercontinental Semiramis, as it looks like the location that's most appealing to us, but I wanted to see if anyone had any personal experience or other knowledge before booking.

I'd love your thoughts!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
580 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

The Intercon Semiramsis is one of the best hotels in the city, so go for that one! They have a great thai and Lebanese restaurant as well.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

Thanks so much for your feedback! It looked pretty good online, but you never know...

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

InterContinental Citystars Cairo , is also good choice right next to the shopping mall , very close to the airport !

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,435 posts
4. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

But Citystars is too far away from the sights of Cairo.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

Agree with I_Luv_to_Travel.....Citystars way too far out for a short stay in Cairo. Maadi is also IMO. Guess that leaves Semiramis

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

Thanks for the recent replies. Semiramis it is!

Essex
Level Contributor
838 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

Splash out the cash and stay in the Rameses Hilton - 2 mins walk to the Egyptian Musuem. Fantastic views of the city.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

The InterContinental : Cairo Semiramis is a great hotel to stay at especially if it does not cost you anything. You can easily walk to the Egyptian Museum from it.

9. Re: IHG hotels in Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 08, 2015