We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concorde El Salam Hotel

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Concorde El Salam Hotel

I have booked to stay in the Concorde El Salam Hotel for a week next month after much deliberation.

Can anyone give me any info on whether I have made the right choice,my main aim was to choose somewhere quiet and restful away from the centre of town after sightseeing during the day.

Is it too far out of town? and will it be costly for taxi's into town and the airport?

Many thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Concorde El Salam Hotel

It is not far distance wise and it doesn’t cost a lot to reach there by taxi from anywhere in town, but time is the issue. When traffic is bad it could take you lots of time to go from or to the hotel. So, usually, it would be hard to return to the hotel for a break in the middle of the day. It will be a waste of time. If you are fine with that. If you are willing to stay all day out and return to the hotel at the end of the day, you did just the right choice.

To/from the airport, taxi should cost 35-40 LE maximum.

To/from downtown, 15-20 LE

To/from Citadel 12-15 LE

To/from Azhar Park or Islamic Cairo 10 LE

To/from Coptic Cairo 15-20 LE

To/from pyramids 25-30 LE

To/from City Stars mall 7-10 LE

To/from Helioplis center (Korba or Roxy) 5 LE

If you have time, try to explore Helioplis. Korba has some fine cafes and nice shops. Try the Swiss Restaurant there and Planet Africa. Check out also the Maryland Park and Le Carnival Restaurant in Roxy Square. There are also a number of nice cafes such as Safari and Haris Café a few minutes of walking past your hotel towards El Shams Sporting Club. These places are usually off the tourists’ beaten track, but since you are staying in Heliopolis, they might be worth a try.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Concorde El Salam Hotel

and since you might be in Cairo during Ramadan, you might want to read those:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k580…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k750…

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concorde El Salam Hotel

darsh

Thank you very much for the information you have given just what I was looking for.

Keep up the great work you provide to this forum.

I look forward to visiting your country.

4. Re: Concorde El Salam Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 20, 2009