We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Nile dinner cruise for April

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Nile dinner cruise for April

Can anyone tell me the best dinner cruise to book, how to book it and the cost, we will be travelling to Cairo in April

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Giza, Egypt
Level Contributor
906 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Nile dinner cruise for April

This is one of my favorite experiences in Cairo, and one that I always recommend to clients and friends! There are a number of different dinner cruise boats operating on the Nile in Cairo, and most are similar in that they offer a 2 - 2 1/2 hour cruise, during which time you sail in both directions on the Nile and enjoy amazing views of Cairo by night while enjoying a 5-star dinner and entertainment. Some boats offer set menu, others buffet. A full range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are available. The entertainment program usually includes live music, a singer and belly dancer, and sometimes a Sufi dancer or 'whirling dervish".

The boats that I normally recommend are the Nile Maxim and the Pharaohs boats. The Maxim I would consider to be the most elegant and highest quality. I have done this cruise a number of times myself, plus I���ve had several clients take this cruise recently and they all enjoyed it. The Maxim offers an a la carte menu supplemented by salad bar and dessert.

More suitable for families with children are the Pharaohs boats, the Nile Pharaoh and Golden Pharaoh, operated by the famous Oberoi chain which owns the famous Mena House hotel here in Cairo and the Naguib Mahfouz restaurant in Khan il-Khalili among other things. Their boats are decorated like pharaonic barges complete with scarab friezes, picture windows and either huge golden lotus flowers or figures of Horus mounted on the stern and prow. Even the crew are dressed in pharaonic costume! :-D

There are other dinner cruise boats on the Nile, such as the Crystal and Scarabee, but I���m not personally familiar with them and so I can���t vouch for their quality. I���ll be very honest with you here and tell you that on any dinner cruise you take the food itself is somewhat less remarkable than the setting, ambiance and overall experience of sailing down the mighty Nile river! Cairo is so beautiful by night! Most of my clients tell me that their favorite part is the entertainment program - the sufi dancer (���whirling dervish���) and the belly dancer Asmahan on the Nile Maxim are particularly stunning!

As for prices, the Pharaohs boats run about LE150 per person for the buffet, not including beverages, taxes, service charge and gratuities. The Maxim is a little pricier with its a la carte menu, so if you go with a large appetite and order three courses with drinks it���ll set you back quite a pretty penny! I am happy to help you with bookings on either of these boats and can also offer you a discounted price on their advertised rates. If you���d like more specifics I���m happy to provide them, simply e-mail me at nile-cruiser@usa.net.

Best regards,

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Nile Maxim
Nile Maxim
214 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Mena House Hotel
Mena House Hotel
160 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Naguib Mahfouz Cafe
Naguib Mahfouz Cafe
320 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Nile River
Nile River
1,843 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Canberra
Level Contributor
128 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Nile dinner cruise for April

Hi fellow australian traveller.

I will be stoping over in Cario in September. I'm also interested in doing a dinner cruise of the Nile (among other tours).

If you give us a review when you get back that would be great.

Thanks to Karen as well (I have read a couple of your posts and will take on board a lot of what you have said).

MelbourneAustralia
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Nile dinner cruise for April

HI! Just got back from our trip and had the wonderful dinner cruise. We were booked on the Pharaohs cruise, and it was fantastic! I boooked it on the website www.octopustravel.com.au and wasn't sure what I was getting. But we got picked up at our hotel, delivered to the boat-with time to spare so had a couple of drinks with the guide-while enjoying the luxury of the bar itself situated right on the Nile.

The dinner was wonderful, saw the belly dancing, sufi dancing and singing-when it got a bit stuffy went to the top of the boat to sit outside and admire our view! Wonderful night and 5 stars all the way!

Have fun!!!