We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyramids

White Lake, MI
Level Contributor
4 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Pyramids

I am going to be in Cairo for 5 days on business, however every day will be packed. Is it possible to see the Pyramids in the evening after normal business hours (after 6pm) but before it gets dark?

fareham,hants
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyramids

i think its all lit up in the evening for tourists.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyramids

You can just “see them”. They are two enormous that will be visible from the streets around them. Have a drink at the Mina House hotel and you will see the Grand pyramid right in front of you.

I assume you can also see the Sphinx from the square outside the Pyramids site exit. However, you cannot enter the site exit after normal working hours.

That is for the last two hours of day light. At night, you can attend the sound and light show and see the pyramids and the Sphinx.

Ask for the times of shows in English.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyramids

that was "too enormous"

White Lake, MI
Level Contributor
4 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pyramids

Darsh,

Thanks a lot. It sounds as though they are right in town. I didn't know if this was one of those things where people say they are in Cairo, but they are really 2 hours outside of Cairo. It sounds like that is not the case. I cannot wait to see them. What an opportunity... and the company is paying for the trip.

Thanks a lot.

-Brian

5. Re: Pyramids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 15, 2009