We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
980 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

I will be in Cairo on October 12, Saturday and I am interested, what opening hours for the museum and the Pyramids?

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
980 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

who knows for sure opening hours, please, help!

I read everywhere different information about opening hours....

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
980 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

I arrive at 11 am to Cairo International, can I do the Pyramids and Cairo museum the same day?

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

I think these times on their site are accurate:

www.sca-egypt.org/eng/MUS_Egyptian_Museum.htm

Except still closed Fridays.

Most people would tell you that you cannot do both in that time without an unreasonable rush. You could do the museum and then the sound and light show in the evening, but in my opinion that's a fairly cheesy alternative to actually visiting the pyramids during open hours.

Edited: 8:28 am, September 10, 2013
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
980 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

Modesto, Thank you so much that you spend your time to answer all kinds of questions!

I stay at Sphinx Guesthouse Giza and will see the light show in the evening anyway from hotel's roof, but, I guess, I should go to Pyramids and plan only them that day.

5. Re: Cairo Egyptian Museum opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2014