We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide prices for Cairo

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Guide prices for Cairo

How much should i expect to spend on a guide and driver from 8AM till 8PM in Cairo...? Thanks

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

Two people or one?

ny
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

One

Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

We inquired multipe folks and prices ranged from 100-150 per day for both of us (or 50-75 per person) , this was back in July.

Edited: 12:52 pm, September 07, 2013
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
621 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

Oops, I meant, one driver and one guide, or one person who acts as both a driver and a guide.

By the way, Gabe, that's 100-150 Egyptian Pounds?

5. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 11, 2013
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
943 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

one Egyptian guide wrote to me that he charges 300$ per a day :)

I need a guide, btw

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

Hi MarinkaB,

Guides are not allowed to advertise themselves on the forums but posters can recommend ones they have used, so I'll start you off with Mohamed Omar; his email addresses are:

travel.omar@gmail.com & egypt.myway@yahoo.com

Sorry, I don't know his daily rate; we were part of a group.

Regards

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
943 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

Nephthys, thank you so much! I will write to emails you gave to me!

I got one guide on this forum(he wrote a private message), but he has NO REVIEWS from another tourists and I do not feel comfortable to accept him. Also I spoke with him on Skype and understood NOTHING...his spoken English is not understandable.

9. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 11, 2013
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,123 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guide prices for Cairo

Sherif,

If you look at my previous post number 7, I specifically said that guides are NOT allowed to advertise themselves on this forum; it's against the rules. And to say that you do a day's work for 1 Egyptian pound? That's 10p in English money? I really don't think so!

Such posts are reported, removed & repeat offenders are banned.

Guides should also NOT advertise themselves through the private message system; you're right to ignore him, Marinka & you're welcome for the recommendation.

Regards