We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Budget

Hi there can anyone tell me what is a substantial amount to travel with in UK Pounds per day or over a 10 day period in total.

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget

can anyone help with this please

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget

Hard to put a figure on this because of different things: If your hotel is full board and not B&B you need less, Does your package include excursions and admission tickets, how many souvenirs do you want to get etc.

I budgeted for about £20 UK per day and was happy with that, others may spend more, others less.

Sorry about the negative answer, but it is not easy to answer for you. (Remember you can use Credit or Debit cards in ATM's if you need).

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget

Thanks for this our hotel is breakfast only, we are taking about £400 for 10 days, do you think this will be sufficient.

We have not got admission tickets included in anything.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget

I assume by "we" you mean just the 2 of you. I would imagine that you are taking enough, it really depends on your spending habits. If possible, have some extra money in your credit/debit account, just in case. I did this but never needed to use my cards. Egypt is very cheap, compared to the UK so not too hard on your budget, but it is easy to overspend buying all the bargains :).

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget

There is four of us going, yeah i think it will take the 400 and then just make sure i have other money in my credit/debit card in case i need this.

Thanks gain for all the info

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget

Again, no problem. Glad to help :)

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,278 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget

You don't need to carry a lot of cash, there are plenty of cash machines.

You can get a good meal for less than a fiver each, much less if you are adventurous.

Tickets are not a lot, if you search the forum there are posts with actual prices. Taxis - depends how far you go but you can get one for the whole day for £20. Short journeys £1 or 2.

London
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget

Thanks very much