We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Travel

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt Travel

My husband and I, along with our three sons ages 18, 13, and 8 have a trip to Egypt scheduled for the end of July. Are the conditions too uncertain now? Would we be better off trying to postpone our trip until Dec/Jan and also enjoying cooler weather?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Travel

The weather will certainly be cooler in December/January but whether the political situation will be calmer is anybody’s guess. Personally, I think it will but that’s just one man’s opinion and, assuming you avoid demos and use the sort of common sense you no doubt use at home, I’m sure that you could have a perfectly safe trip at the moment.

Whenever you decide to go, the last minute news headlines and/or governmental alerts should be the final decider.

Edited: 6:08 pm, July 01, 2013
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Travel

Egypt is a very beautiful country. I think you have chosen the right time to visit Egypt in winter, especially Dec-Jan weather is perfect there at that time. December, January is the coldest months in Egypt. I have an experience to visit Egypt in December month. I was very much enjoyed at that time. So don’t worry I hoped you enjoying a lot. I know a good travel agency Askaladdin ; they provide you excellent travel advice for your traveling time.

3. Re: Egypt Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:03 am, May 20, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Travel

Old post Jennymorag..

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt Travel

I may be overly cynical but I suspect Jennymorag’s purpose in resurrecting this long outdated post was simply to plug the “good travel agency” mentioned..

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt Travel

No worries to go at any time as it is calm for the tourists now but if you can endure the hot weather you can go in July, if you can not, you can postpone your tour to November or December

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Egypt Travel

Agree BBeckett

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Egypt Travel

September can be much more interesting

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Egypt Travel

“September can be much more interesting”

Why?

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Egypt Travel

I would suggest scheduling your vacation to Egypt for the time that works best for you. July might be a better time if you have 3 lads in school and it avoids trying to get flights in the busy period around Christmas.

Yes it will be hotter than December but if you go with a tour they will visit the site early in the morning to be back at your hotel by noon. If you go independently you could do early starts as well. Quite doable.

As for the political situation, it is anyone's guess. I would say it will be very similar to what it is now.