We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Topic
Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

I will be arriving in Cairo Airport at 8 am in morning. Can I exchange USD to EGP? Which bank give the best rate & what is the charge?

When I leave Cairo, can I exchange EGP back to USD? Any minimum limit/charge?

Do I need to do these in the SAME bank in order to exchange EGP back to USD or I can do it in different banks? Thanks for advice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

If you are arriving into terminal three there is a bank outside the arrivals which I found had excellent rates.. On leaving last time we left from terminal one and there was an exchange booth just before you went through immigration (after you checked your bags) .. They exchanged EGP back to AUD for us so I am quire sure they can do USD ..

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

Thank you. I will arrive at Cairo terminal 3 at 8 in the morning. Wonder if it will be opened at that time? What is the name of the bank as you may remember? My departure is also from terminal 3... do I need to exchange EGP back to USD in the SAME bank & show them the last receipt I exchange USD to EGP? Thank you for advice.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

Today's rate 1$ = 7.0037. The 3 banks in the arrivals have the same rate. In the departure they is only 2 banks Cairo bank (has the better rate) and Thomas Cook

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

so I should go to cairo bank (the same bank) in the arrival in order for me to exchange back EGP to USD later in the departure? Where are the cairo bank then? before or after the arrival? how about the arrival ? before or after check-in? Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

How about the administration charge? how much do they charge?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

there wasnt any charge... and no you dont have to change it back at the same bank...

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

Yep, no charge and there is no "Cairo Bank" in the arrival, they only have only in the departure. You can't go between the departure and arrival halls

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

OK, you mean there is only one bank in departure hall, so no choice.

For the arrivals there are several banks, which one will give best rate, banks before or after the immigraion counter?

Also, is there any minimum amount for exchange ie. EGP to USD, USD to EGP?

(in case i only left little amount after the trip but cannot spend it all). Thank you, you guys help me a lot :)

By the way, do you have idea about how much to take me from heliopolis royal marchel hotel to cairo airport if i take white taxi? grateful for you :)

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

Changing EGP to USD has been hit or miss lately. Best not to leave expecting to change a large amount.

Hong Kong, China
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I exchange EGP to USD in Cairo Airport? Any charge?

what do you mean? please explain,thanks.