We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in Cairo

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Taxis in Cairo

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the taxi rate would be from the International Airport to the Pyramids?

Are the taxis safe and reliable?

Thanks,

Nick

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in Cairo

Its usually between 80 to 120 LE. Take the white, new taxis and agree on the fare before you get in.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,430 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in Cairo

If you are planning to negotiate the fare, you will probably have to bargain hard/skilfully to get the trip for LE 80. Cairo’s taxis are “reliable” in the sense that they will get you where you are going and “safe” in the sense that your chances of surviving the sometimes unbelievably chaotic traffic are (perhaps surprisingly) excellent.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
502 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in Cairo

I would suggest checking out the so-called limousine companies based at the airport... the fare may be slightly higher but the standard of the vehicles is usually much better. I never seem to wee a white taxi at the airport just the old peugeots and other types which often seem in a very poor condition.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis in Cairo

Another alternative: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c69909/Cairo:…

5. Re: Taxis in Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 16, 2014