We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt to Jordan - can you cross border through Israel?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt to Jordan - can you cross border through Israel?

I am travelling to Egypt and Jordan this summer. I am having a difficult time aranging my travel from Mt. Sinai to Jordan. It has been suggested that I get a private taxi from St. Katherine's (Sinai) to Nuweiba and then catch the ferry to Aqaba. PROBLEM IS that I have to leave Sinai by 9:30 for the Noon ferry. I have heard that the private taxi and ferry will be expensive.

Can I get a bus to Taba and then cross the border into Israel and then onto Jordan? I have heard that this could be cheaper and faster.

Please let me know.

Aoraki Mount Cook...
Level Contributor
786 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt to Jordan - can you cross border through Israel?

Samwise - Having a look through your posts it seems like particularly from Cairo through Jordan you are pretty much wanting to follow the same itinarary as I did as part of a tour.

The tour I did was Jordan Connection with Imaginative Traveller. They also have a couple of other options depending on what you want to see or do.

I had a great time with the tour and I thought the package was pretty good value for money.

Particularly for crossing the border at Nuweiba and Aqaba reps were available for the group which 'smoothed the way through'. Certainly there are times and places where having someone with you who knows the local customs and speaks Arabic is a huge advantage!

If you decide to continue as an independent traveller I strongly recommend that you get a copy of Lonely Planet or similar. I bought a Lonely Planet which covered all the Middle East countries as well as a separate one for Morocco (I went there as well, but didn't go to Tunisa). The LP will have answers or suggestions to most of the things that you have posted so far here.

2. Re: Egypt to Jordan - can you cross border through Israel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 16, 2009