We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
213 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

Arrive from Abu Simbel through Aswan and arriving at the airport 3:15. Originally was most interested in staying close to the Pyramids to take advantage of the Light and Sound Show in the evening and then do the Pyramids and Cairo for a whole day. Now I wonder it it is better to stay on Zamalek island and head out to the Pyramids and back into Cairo for the evening. Maybe miss the show altogether. Our flight leaves at 7:00 in the morning so I imagine traffic won't be a problem on the departure day from either place.

But how long from Cairo airport to/from Zamalek island hotels?

How long form airport to/from Le Meridian Pyramid?

Tonbridge, England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

the trafick is very bad in Cairo no matter what time of the day or night ...in october last year 2012 it took over 1 and half hour to get to Zamalek from th airport and then longer to find my address i was staying in ... an dthat was with someone i know who was driving ..i hope this helps ..

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,292 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

It once took me two hours to get from the pyramids are to the city centre.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,087 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

On average it takes me about an hour from the airport to Zamalek but as stated the traffic is unpredictable. I have also done the trip in 20 mins (Egyptian holiday).

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
167 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

The best way to do it from Cairo airport Direct to Pyramids area , you will be able to have something to eat watching sun set by the sphinx then the show at 19.00 for 1 hour then overnight at hotel at Pyramids road.

As 15.15 will be rush hour for sure so will take ages to be at Giza Pyramids . Enjoy the show ..

5. Re: Hotel on Zamalek or near the Pyramids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 18, 2014