We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good tour Guide

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago IL
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good tour Guide

I am looking for a tour guide in Cairo and Luxor. Any suggestions from those who has been to Egypt?

I have already booked my hotel. just looking for someone to take us around from the moment we arrive to the moment we leave cairo.

Thans,

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good tour Guide

Be careful what you wish for. Phrasing your question the way you did has probably made you one of Egypt’s most popular people. You will now receive (1) any number of recommendations from previous tourists who think their guide is/was the wisest and the best there ever was or will ever be, (2) some not so subtle ‘adverts’ written by the guides themselves or by their friends, lovers, family, and cronies and (3) a few useful suggestions from past visitors.

The last is of course what you want but telling one from another isn’t always as easy as one might think. In short, read closely and cautiously.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good tour Guide

According to BBeckett (see above post), this is a category 3 reply - a useful suggestion from a past visitor.

My second trip to Egypt was greatly enhanced by an excellent guide, Mohamed ElShaer. You can contact him at midobluesky@hotmail.com

3. Re: Looking for a good tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, February 05, 2013
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
8,918 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good tour Guide

mohamed m

You need to read the guidelines at tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s… under the "You cannot include:" section!!!

Vishal S

Look here tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294200-Activi… and click on a location, then "Activities" to give all companies/guides reviewed on TA for that location

A read here might be useful tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294200-c141912/Egy…

also here tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294200-c169022/Egy…

5. Re: Looking for a good tour Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 06, 2014