We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never Choose Best way Travel

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cyprus
8 posts
Save Topic
Never Choose Best way Travel

Best way Travel is complete waste of money. Totally unprofessional people. Never ever think of even trying best way travel.

Want to warn evey one again "Best Way Travel" is BAD BAD BAD.

Wrong itenary. Late trips. Unconfirmed tickets. Wrong information. Its a complete mess.

Belfast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

I've already confirmed a tour with best way travel and have paid my deposit, does anyone else have information on them?

Can you specify what went wrong?

Cyprus
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

Wrong itenary. Late trips. Unconfirmed tickets. Wrong information. Its a complete mess.

1- Wrong Itenary (Visiting Luxor Temples was before Arriving Luxor). Spent one day in the ship doing nothing and had to rush to all the places in the next day.

2- Train tickets from Cairo To Aswan were not confirmed. We were not informed about the same and had to pay more money for the sleeper class.

3- Many places like Khan-e-Khalil, Botanical Garden, Outer Look of Aga Khan are not covered and even the money is not returned for the same.

4- Guide made available on the last day hardly knew English.

5- Same Problems with the other group who came from Thailand and India.

6- No Apologies/concession from the company even after creating all this mess.

7- Lot of hidden things. They have given us a lower most Deck in the cruise on ship.

Please take your money back

Belfast
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

Thank you for your information!

Does anyone else have anything to say about Best Way Travel?

Good or Bad??

Egypt
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

It is only Fair that we send our reply to the above post

Wrong Itinerary :

The Client mentioned that he visited Luxor Temples before arrival to Luxor , I wonder how can he visit a Place inside LUXOR without reaching LUXOR !! , no comment .

We might have needed to rush so as to catch with the sailing time of teh Cruise due to the Esna Lock but the client was given ALL the Visits Included except the Felucca Ride in Aswan which was compensated with Felucca Ride in Luxor

Train Tickets :

Based on the information given by YOU , you contacted the clients 3 times by e-mail and Twice by Phone to inform them that due to the Easter Period , there is almost no availability for the Train Tickets and that they need to confirm ASAP and were given a dead time by 5:00 pm where they confirmed the next morning , no ? although you called them and e-mailed them and informed them that we will need to buy the tickets from the black market for extra price if we did not succed to secure them on the same day from the train station , no ?

After meeting with Amr and the complains received from the Guests , I gave an order to cover 50% of the cost of teh Sleeper Train upgrade , so the guests were given the upgrade to sleeper train and they paid 20$ for one way only and Best Way Travel covered the other 20$ per person and they were enjoying the Luxury Sleeper Train at half the price !

Khan el Khalili Bazaar :

The Clients refused to visit Khan el Khalili Bazaar as they were tired and since there is no entry ticket for the Khan el Khalily Bazaar , so there was no refund due , I wonder why would not we give them the visit to the Khan , the bus was there , the guide and the driver and there is no tickets to save , so why would we choose not to include it ??? correct ?

Felucca Ride to Botanical Garden and Outer View of the Agha Khan were not covered because the Ship had to leave earlier from Aswan to catch the ESNA Lock before the Water Level changes , something totally related to sailing rules and they were compensated with a similar Felucca Ride in Luxor , correct ?

The Guide :

The Guide provided on the Last Day was a professinal English Speaking Egyptologist a Graduate of the Faculty of Tourism and carries a Lic. number 1107 , maybe the fact that the Clients are Indians , he find it rather hard to understand the accent sometimes but he was knowledgeable and did his full job , I am sure that the client is aware that we can not use guides without a lic. because this is illegal

Same Problem with Other Guests :

Here is the report coming from an American Guest who happened to be on the same cruise ship with mr. Gupta , just for your record :

Hello :

Sit back and be prepared to be complimented for a page....

The trip was excellent, and I really want to thank you for arranging it & have you extend my fond wishes to your Best Way staff. I was very suspicious when I saw how inexpensive your package was initially--you were offering a lot but charging a little, which seemed "too good to be true."

But I was entirely pleased with all the offerings & thought the attention paid to me by the tour guides, drivers, and transport-transfer men was terrific.

In fact, I have no criticism to make of the whole week. The food, the lectures at the locations, the itinerary, the hotel/cabin rooms were all satisfying, in fact more than satisfying.

My only regret is that I didn't understand the currency in a timely fashion, and feel I was woefully undertipping. I think I was confusing 20 Omani Rials or 20 USD with 20 Egyptian pounds--it felt like I was spending too much when I let go of the big bills. And I didn't have the chance to tip Tamer or Ahmad (my Giza plateau guide) at all! And I was only able to tip Mr. Hamdi (guide from Luxor cruise to Aswan) a minimal amount. Believe me, they are all worth a lot: they represented your company very well. I'm sorry I couldn't renumerate them as I think they deserved.

I absolutely feel good about the money I spent. Many package deals were so much more expensive than Best Way, but I was completely pleased with what I

got. In fact, I'm not used to package tours, I'm more apt to arrive in a city with a Lonely Planet guide and find my own way, but I didn't want to negotiate such far-flung locales as Alexandria and Aswan alone this time with only a week to enjoy.

If you have a "sister agency" to arrange an Istanbul tour, let me know!

I'll recommend your company to all my friends and family. Seeing Egypt in such a fun, classy way was EXACTLY what I wanted to experience...and without

spending the thousands upon thousands of dollars in the Grand Circle Travel way!

Thanks so much

Daniel

ibdanincali@hotmail.com

Hidden Things :

Do me a favor and contact the client as I would very much like to know details about the " Hidden Things " he mentioned in his Complain , did we charge him a penny extra ? except for the sleepr train story which we covered 50/50 ?

I hope the above reply is enough and we do wish the client understands as we hate to know that people left Egypt with a bad impression about our Company

France
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

I was asked by Dahlia to post this report to help clearing the picture

We are very satisfied with the eclipse trip organized by Best Way Travel ! The eclipse in Saloum was a real success for us and we have very much appreciated visiting Cairo and

Alexandria with our driver Abdu and our guide Alaa.

Here is our report of the eclipse with photos and links to contact me

djoye.chez-alice.fr/Eclipse_Saloum.html

Cyprus
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Never Choose Best way Travel

My answers to the WRONG justifications given by BEST WAY TRAVEL.

1- Wrong Itenary

We were given wrong itenary. Visting places in luxor was scheduled before arriving luxor, which cant happend and so the whole itenary got messed up. And the company's representative Amr knows about it.

2- Train Tickets.

Thats a complete lie. We all paid $50 from our pocket and nothing was shared by Best Way Travel. The company which can lie so conveniently can be a dangerous choice...

Oh GOD !

3- Missed Trips.

Khan a Khalil is missed as guide gave us a wrong picture of the distance s and wasted time in one of the oil/perfule shop of her interest.

Felluca ride was compenesated with a 9 minute ride in luxor and Botanical garger (With Fees) was completely missed.

4- The cruise manager and the guide also shared the same BAD experiences with Best Way Travel in the past. Guide was so frustrated that he decided that he will never work with this company again in future.

5- Hidden things

- We were never told that the train is NOT a sleeper train, untill asked.

- We were never told the rooms in hotel are not Nile facing ones untill asked.

- The pictures of the cruise provided to us were different from the actula cruise.

- We were never told about the kind/class of rooms that we will get in the cruise. Finally we got the rooms in the lower most floor.

- HorseCart ride to go to edfu temple was paid by us.

6- 4 guest who came from Thailand, and 2 guest who came from India shared the same bad experience.