We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting cairo in jan/feb

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
visiting cairo in jan/feb

hi There

i am thinking about visiting cairo end of jan -early feb. i haev heard news that there are a lot of protests going on and is not safe for tourists. i had a chat with my travel agent and she said when she went they had the same warning but nothing happened- she went in september. i heard that from november it has gonr bad and i have a friend who comes from egypt- she said it wasnt very good there at the moment. can someone from cairo help me out on this- any advice. i just planned on being there for couple of days as a side trip to europe- just wanted to see the desert, pyramids etc

thanks

Memphis Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
' Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips, Safaris
Emo Tours Egypt
City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Ramasside Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,278 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting cairo in jan/feb

Have a look at the many other threads on safety as well as recent trip reports.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting cairo in jan/feb

thanks- will do

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting cairo in jan/feb

When it comes to safety, I would recommend that you read the travel advisory of your government before you take any decision. Consult also your travel insurance because if your travelled despite a travel advisory issued by your home country and something bad happened to you in the country of destination, then you wouldn't get any help/money from your travel insurance.

None of us in here can predict how things will develop in the near future and none of us would be able to help you in case you got into troubles.

So far the demonstrations have been centered in small areas and I would say that it is safe to travel to Egypt. But again, I can't predict what will happen in the near future.

CHEERS

4. Re: visiting cairo in jan/feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 18, 2013