We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Malaysian tourists

Banjarmasin...
2 posts
Save Topic
Visa for Malaysian tourists

I will be going to Jordan and Egypt for my vacation next month. I just need to clarify visa on arrival for Malaysian passport holders. There have been different informations coming from different sources. Any info or from experienced Malaysian travellers will be much appreciated.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
223 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Hi,

I highly recommend you contact the embassy in Kuala Lumpur, below is the contact details:

Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt in Kuala Lumpur

Non-Resident in Brunai

Address

:

12, Lorong Ru, Off Jalan Ampang Hilir, 55000, Kuala Lumpur

Telephone                     Number

:

03- 4256 8184/8745

Fax number

:

03-4257 3515

:

Embassy.kualalumpur@mfa.gov.eg

Web-site

:

http://www.mfa.gov.eg/KualaLumpur_Emb

Jurisdiction

:

Jurisdiction throughout Malaysia and the Sultanate of Brunei

Working hours           (Embassy)

:

From 9:00 am till 4:30 pm

Working hours                    (Consular Section)

:

From 9:00 am till 3 :00

Banjarmasin...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Confirm getting visa on arrival with fees applicable. Its indeed a fabulous experience and a must visit country.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
223 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Wish you a pleasant trip Chiangd. Not sure about your plans, but, below are some recommendations:

1. Limit your visit to Cairo to a max of two days (mainly the Pyramids, Egyptian museum, and old Islamic Cairo i.e. Sultan Hussien mosque);

2. Aswan Nile cruise would be a perfect destination at this time of year (seeing all the ancient Egyptian monuments and temples);

3. Sinai (mainly Dahab and Sharm El Sheikh) is another excellent destination (actually there is a ferry from Jordan Aqaba to Taba, which is about 90km north of Dahab), the ferry takes about half an hour).

Hope you have a pleasant vacation.

Singapore
Level Contributor
327 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Yes , saw Malaysian tourists getting visa on arrival earlier this month when I visited Egypt. It is the cheaper option.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
8 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

I was in Egypt a month ago, no need for any special visa. Msian passports are good enough. I just walked up to the immigration counter.

Penang
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Hi I will be traveling to Jordan and Egypt. How was your travel there? Are the visa on arrival gone smooth?

USA
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

Went to the egyptian consulate last week and was told that I do not need a visa if I'm staying less than 2 weeks. See link below:

http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/visas.php

8. Re: Visa for Malaysian tourists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 27, 2013