We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to egypt

sk r.i.
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
first time to egypt

have five to eight days. should i join tour group, hire guide? want to roam Cairo for photos, early am and evenings. ??

Cairo
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to egypt

Hallo JcoolSkri , Cairo hold many highlights , Giza Pyramid is icon site for all Egypt visitors , The Egyptian museum , Islamic Cairo and Coptic sites . Try to arrange your five days for the highlights of Cairo and if you will have more days try to visit Alexandria the home of near - mythical historical figures

Best Regards - Kemet Travel Egypt

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to egypt

Joining a tour or using a guide is purely a matter of personal preference. Hiring a cab(s) on a day to day basis to visit the sites on your own is easy and inexpensive but many people think they somehow have to have a guide or prefer the ease, security and companionship of a tour.

3. Re: first time to egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, September 08, 2012
sk r.i.
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time to egypt

thank u all, really appreciate tips. over all i am thinking of doing Egypt, Jordan and Jerusalem. I have at least three weeks

sk r.i.
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time to egypt

thank u all for reply. i actually have three weeks and was going to split time between Egypt, Jordan and Jerusalem . Any ideas

Jupiter, FL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: first time to egypt

add few days for Luxor there are alot to see there.

Edited: 1:49 pm, September 08, 2012
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: first time to egypt

you can visit egypt's highlights sightseeing in one week including a cruise ship between luxor and aswan

Day 1:

visit Giza pyramids early morning - Egyptian museum late afternoon

Day 2-6:

fly to luxor and start 3 nights tour at Nile Cruise between luxor and Aswan passing by Kom ombo and Edfu temples

Wish you a very happy vacation

Stoney Creek...
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first time to egypt

For ease of travel I would recommend hiring a guide as they are relatively inexpensive, will keep you safe and you will definitely get to cover more of the sights than if you are traveling alone.

Spent 16 days in Egypt this year and got to cover most of the major sites including:

Cairo

Dashur

Sakkara

Aswan

Abu Simbel

Luxor

White Desert

Missed:

Alexandria

Siwa

Sinai

Red Sea

If you really want to see the whole country and this is a once in a lifetime visit plan to spend your whole vacation there and you will not be disappointed.

Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: first time to egypt

you can stay in Cairo and have over day to Luxor and it is a very short flight and very cheap too plus you can see it all in one day .

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: first time to egypt

Hello jcoolSKRI , to save your time hire a guide or contact a travel agent to show you the best places and give you tips to enjoy your time that does not mean Egypt is not safe but that means more places to visit and less traps to fall in