We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport shops

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Airport shops

Hi

If I pay with USD at the shops at the airport (I have some dollars I want to get rid of), will I get my change in USD or LE?

I want to get a couple of bottles in duty free when I arrive but don't want to get dollars back.

Thanks for any replies.

Kate

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport shops

You will almost certainly be offered change in LE (the Egyptians like to acquire hard currencies) but the exchange rate may not be the best available.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport shops

LE would be my guess. If they can get dollars then they like to keep hold of them and I recall that at Luxor airport I was given quite a bit of small denomination LE that came in useful.

Co. Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport shops

Thanks for your replies.

Kate

4. Re: Airport shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 23, 2013