We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Hi,

We are stranded in Cairo for a day as Egypt air cancelled our flight,we wanted to use the day to go see pyramids of Memphis ,dahsur,etc.we wanted a cab for a round trip from the Airport,I emailed to the blue cab company they quoted 550le for 160 km the2 LE / km,I think it's a lot .

Can anyone have any idea how to get an Air condition car.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Last time, I paid somewhere between LE 100 and LE 150 to a private cab for a day at Memphis, Sakkara and Dahshur. The car was far from new but was air-conditioned and the day went without a hitch. These cabs are all over the place and you can easily do things yourself but your hotel will arrange everything if you like. They will, however, take a commission and it will cost more. How much depends on how you bargain and where you are staying.

If by “Memphis”, you mean the Giza pyramids, I did these on another day. However, if you don’t mind rushing things, you could squeeze Giza, Sakkara and Dahshur into a day.

Edited: 11:09 am, July 20, 2012
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

I don't think we spent more than $80 USD for a full 12 hr day. We did the Museum, pyramids, Memphis, Danshur, Sakkara

london
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Whats in Danshur?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

The Fourth Dynasty 'bent' and 'red' pyramids built by Sneferu, the father of Khufu who built the Great Pyramid on the Giza Plateau.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Hi biancarussell...

a transfer from/ to cairo airport + a full day tour of giza pyramids, dahshour and memphis by an a/c vehicle will cost around 400 LE (about $70), it will be about 10 to 12 hours due to the heavy traffic of cairo. you dont have to book in advance you can get a taxi from the airport but you will have to discuss the price with the driver first. Have a nice trip

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

Hi Kam,

Dahshour is a large desert area away from saqqara 20 min driving. as BB said, it has 2 pyramids: the bent pyramid and the red pyramid. the red one is open for the public without paying extra ticket like Giza pyramids. Have a nice trip.

7. Re: Taxi or cab for a day in Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 24, 2013