We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of water bottles in Egypt

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Price of water bottles in Egypt

Hi,

What is the average amount you should pay for water bottles in Egypt .i am trying to plan our

And also if we hire a car we are four in our family ,are the taxi drivers fine with so many in the cab.

Thanks

Bianca

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

It's cheaper if you buy at the local shops - I paid 7or 8 LE for two 1.5 Litre bottles in Cairo in November at different places. My hotel (City View ) sold a 1.5L bottle for 4LE and higher end hotels will charge three or four times as much.

Istanbul Province...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

The Average amount for the bottle of water in Egypt is 2.5 LE and it;s available everywhere. my be in you hotel will be much expensive, any how i don't recommend to buy it from the hotels ;)

UK
Level Contributor
810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

Last year, we paid 2LE for large bottles of water - available everywhere - as 'Little-Pharaoh' says. The price of water has been consistent over the years. We paid 2LE in Cairo, 2 LE in Luxor, 2LE in Aswan. Shops everywhere, stalls and little kiosks had water at this price - no need to go to a supermarket. In Cairo, we have always found it much easier to get good prices without haggling than in Luxor and Aswan.

BiancaRussell - regarding your questions about a cab - it depends what kind of cab you get and if you have luggage. The little black and white cabs can squash a lot in - maybe three people with luggage but that is tight. A bigger taxi would be fine for four people. Taxis are cheap and easy to hire.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
180 posts
516 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

Make sure you buy your water before going to a tourist site. You will easily pay 10LE to 15LE for a liter of water. I was quoted a price of 15LE at Abu Simbel. I suggest you find a "mom and pop" market/corner store and buy your water there. You should pay no more than 2.5LE per liter bottle.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

Dont buy it from tourism site

Dont pay more than 50 Cent

boston
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

Thank you all for the advice,I will surly use them.

7. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:01 am, November 19, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

I was browsing to do some planning for upcoming cruise and came across "Warning about bottled water" from US Embassy. Dangerous pollutants in bottled water discovered and advises brands to stay away from! Should look them up!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

bikyamasr.com/70117/…

HERE IS THE WARNING ARTICLE1

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of water bottles in Egypt

And cause of that Warning and the fact that 4-5 companies were closed so you might pay any where from 2-3 Egy pounds for a small one and 4-6 for a large one unless you are in a big chain Super market you might pay 1-2 egy pounds for a mall one and 2-3 egy pounds for a large one.

Regards

Ayman Ahmed