We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average taxi prices to & from.....

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Average taxi prices to & from.....

Hi all,

Was wondering what the average taxi prices would be (in AUD=Australia dollars) to these places, just an idea as I don't want to get ripped!

Ramses Hilton to Coptic Cairo, Islamic Cairo, The Citadel, Pyramids, Khan El Khalile & Airport

Thanks a bunch

Sandnes, Norway
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

You could get away with the following prices:

Ramses Hilton to...

- Coptic Cairo, Islamic Cairo, The Citadel and Khan el-Khalili for just below 2.5 AUD (10 LE should be more than enough for all these places)

- The Pyramids for 3.5 AUD (15 LE). (But watch out for guides trying to get into your car when you're approaching the pyramids area!)

- Airport, try the new yellow cabs, they have meters and are cheaper on longer trips. If you're staying at the Ramses Hilton Hotel, you could probably ask the concierge to get hold of one of them for you..? The yellow cabs would be approx 6 AUD (25 LE) to the airport, while a normal black and white cab would probably charge you somewhere between 8.5 to 11 AUD (35-45 LE), depending on how good you bargaining skills are.

Although these prices are a bit higher than what native egyptians would pay, it's expected that tourists/foreigners pay a bit more. The drivers will always try to make trouble and ask for more, but if you stick to these prices at least you can be certain you've paid enough.

If the driver himself doesn't ask for a price before you arrive wherever you're going, don't be the one to ask. Just step out of the car, close the door and pay the money through the window.

Have a nice trip!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

There is a rank for yellow cabs in Tahrir Square just a 3-minute walk from your hotel.

Also, for the Coptic Cairo, you better use the metro. From Tahrir Square station, take the Helwan Line. It is the 4th station, Mari Girges.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

Brilliant Abusheesha! Thanks so much....we will enjoy for sure!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

Thanks darsh, I will keep that in mind also

NYC
Level Contributor
95 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

I will be staying in Zamalek at the Flamenco Golden Tulip - is there a metro stop near there? We will be doing guided tours mostly, but would like to do Khan el Khalili, Coptic Cairo and Islamic Cairo on our own. Can we take metro there from Zamalek?

6. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, April 19, 2006
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Average taxi prices to & from.....

and finally you can now call-in your yellow cab on 19155. Stronglly recommended. I will be posting numbers of other companies that announce call-in services as soon as I know them.