We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

egypt 14 day itinerary

london uk
5 posts
Save Topic
egypt 14 day itinerary

We are travelling to egypt in May for about 14 days and want to see everything!!

Thats not possible I know , but we thought Cairo,Pyramids, Petra, Sinai, A Nile cruise ending up for a 5+ day stay in sharm el sheikh for some diving.

Can anyone suggest an itinerary and in which order would one do these attractions. coiuld we add any attractions eg night in desert.?

and what is the safest transport to use to these destinations.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions !

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

Heddi, you are trying to see and do too much in 14 days. There are tours that will see Cairo, Aswan to Luxor cruise, and three days at the beach, in 14 days. It may be physically possible to acheive your list, but perhaps not as enjoyable. I would suggest looking at itineraries from several travel agents to see which comes close to your top three priorities.

2. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 19, 2006
canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

Check out kunoi.co.uk

You can build your own packages with where you want to go. I know they have Cairo, Luxor w/cruise to Aswan and finish with Sharm el Sheikh....trying to add Petra in there might be tight. Don't cut yourself short in one place or another, 'cause you'll miss what it is all about. Remember May is the start of the hot season. Doing as much as you can on cooler days (22c) compared with what you can do during the warmer days (35c) can very a lot. Watch for heat stroke.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

Trailfinders have good hotel prices for independant travel in egypt although they are 4 or 5 star.

Philippines
Level Contributor
30 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

Are you looking for the beaches or smitten by Ancient Civilization? It really depends what you are after. My suggestion is for you do the standard CAIRO/LUXOR/ASWAN or CAIRO/ASWAN/LUXOR cruise routing from Cairo you can take the train or plane to either Aswan or Luxor and start the cruise from there. I think that should take care of Egyptian Civilization side of Egypt, unless you are really an Inidana Jones then you should do more. The 3-hour drive from Aswan to Abu Simbel was worth it. Ten days for this should be enough. The remaining four can be devoted to Alexandria or the beaches. And like other suggestions made, do ask help from a travel agent. DeCastro Tours/ Mr. Moustafa Mourad embodies Egyptian Hospitality. You will love their service. Oh, and since you are from London, I was told that this travel agency is own by Dodi Fayed (???) of the Harrods Fame.

Red Sea coast, Egypt
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

I suggest you check out The Lonely Planet as they have good suggested itineries.

By the way, you'll need a Lonely Planet guide to Jordan for Petra!

Cairo
Level Contributor
575 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: egypt 14 day itinerary

I have been living in Egypt for 23 years and have not seen everything. I would suggest you start with Cairo, 3-4 days, and then fly or take the train to Luxor and the best way to see everything is a Nile cruise and take the 4 night package starting from Luxor and ending up in Aswan from where you can fly to Abu Simbel. Check out the Egyptair schedule for Hurghada on the Red Sea I think there are flights from Luxor , not sure about Aswan, and then from Hurghada you could fly to Sharm El Sheikh on the Sinai Penninsula and would suggest 3 nights in each. A lot of flying but the best way to see the most and you still haven't seen Alexandria!

I hope this helps. If you could add another week you could explore Alexandria, Siwa and may be some of the oases.

You will get better hotel and nile cruise rates if you book from abroad. For 5-star budget $100 and up for b+b. If you do your research and check out the internet you can put together a good itinerary.

The Lonely Planet is an excellent reference souce.

Happy Holidays.