We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cairo, aswan & Luxor

Mumbai
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
cairo, aswan & Luxor

We are two adults and 1 child and planning a trip to Eqypt.

Can someone tell me name of good city tour operators in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor. What is the best way to see cities in Egypt via a city tour operator or hire a private taxi ??

Rgds-Manishkapadi

Denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cairo, aswan & Luxor

Hi manishkapadi

My husband, parents and I spent 2 weeks in Cairo and had a freat trip. We used a private guide who arranged car and driver and took us to all the sights we wanted to see. I can highly recommend Mr. Ahmed Hamad Yousif, who can guide you in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor. Then its only you and your family and your needs that will be taken care of. He can be contacted on email: ahmedhayo@yahoo.com

If you like, you can see the pictures from our trip on http://alfies.fotopages.com You are more than welcome to take a look.

Best wishes of your trip

Sussie

Mumbai
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cairo, aswan & Luxor

Dear Alfie

Many thnks for recommending Ahmed. Yes I have contacted him and he has also replied.

What i wanted to know is

a) Did you visit only Cairo or various other places ?? Did Ahmed accompany you everywhere

b) How did you pay him i.e did you do a wire transfer in advance or paid him on your arrival at Cairo

Thnks MK

Denmark
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cairo, aswan & Luxor

Hi manishkapadi

We stayed only in Cairo (with a one day trip to Alexandria) and Ahmed became a familymember we took with us everywere. But I know thet he goes everywere in Egypt.

He was a very fantastic guide for us in Cairo and Alexandria. He showed us places tourists normally dont go and that was great.

The first 3 days we didnt pay until the last day and then we payed him every day.

Im pleased to hear that You got Ahmed as your guide, he will make your trip to Egypt unforgetable and give you the most out of your vacation ( I wish it was me).

Best wishes for your trip.

Sussie

England
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cairo, aswan & Luxor

Hi

We travelled with our 2 children in February and spent a week in Cairo. We found a really good guide, although we did not travel further south he is able to arrange this for you. It may be worth checking him out and comparing your prices?

His name is Emad and his contact details are

email: emadhadeda@hotmail.com

mobile: 002 010 6093013

He was very accomodating and with kids you certainly need that!

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cairo, aswan & Luxor

Hi, I'm off to Cairo for 3 days prior to Nile Cruise in Mid May - and was wondering about the most effective means of seeing the important sights of Cairo plus areas where visitors don't normally go.

A guide seems the ideal choice and Ahmed could fit the bill - can you give us any idea of the cost of 'hiring' him for a couple of days ?..

many thanks

Julian