We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young Ladies in Cairo

14 posts
Save Topic
Young Ladies in Cairo

4 young ladies looking to visit Cairo in July and I have a few questions:

What is the weather like in July/when is the best time to visit

Can we wear shorts (just above the knees) and vests or do we have to be totally covered

Can you recommend good places to stay?

We are into nightlife and like RnB, Hip hop,soul. what is the nightlife like over there? also what is the policy on alcohol?

1897 The Bar & Cigar Lounge
Wine Bars, Bars & Clubs, Cigar Bars
Jazz Bar
Blues Clubs & Bars, Jazz Clubs & Bars, Bars & Clubs, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
3am Club
Bars & Clubs
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo

July will be hot, humid, but still manageable.

Do not ware shorts yet you shouldn't totally cover. You may read previous posts on Cairo dress code on this forum.

Where to stay depends on your budget and there is plently of choice. You may check hotel reviews and previous posts on his forum.

As for nightlife, I am not an expert, but you may try Rave Gush in Zamalek and Laitex in the Nile Hilton. There is also a well known club called after Eight. I forgot where it is. In the following web site, there is a section on night spots in the restarant reviews part. You may check it out. Check also the entertainment:

Check also:

tampa, Fl.
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo

Nightlife is not as good in Egypt comparing to UK.

However it has it's own way (if i may put it so). After all Cairo is still conservative. However if you head to hurghada or Sharm. It's wild and not as conservative at all.

If you gals are pretty, i might hook up with you! not in Cairo though ( i don't hangout there - too crowded and dirty).

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo

Weather in july is hot but manageable,

Try and dress a little conservatively you don't have to cover up but egyptian men tend to harass pretty women in the street (this isn't true of all areas in teh city, just some). Vests are cool, shorts aren't.

Good places to stay depend on your budget and how long you're going to be staying.

As for the nightlife, it's not the UK, but there's a lot happening in the Summer all over egypt, Cairo Jazz Club, La Bodega, L'aubergine, Latex, Bliss, After Eight, are usually the happening spots in cairo. Alchohol is available at all the nightspots and most good restaurants, imported alchohol is available through the black market, decent beer and wine are produced locally, for imported hard liquor you should stock up from the duty free when you arrive. (you have 24 hours to buy 4 bottles each from the duty free stores)

14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo

Thanks guys. Some great ideas. I think we will try other places and not just Cairo.

27 7 1976
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo

Hi, for the ladies

Hope you have good time in july but it's hot

And you can wear short.

If you whant any questinos lat me now

27 7 1976
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Young Ladies in Cairo