We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road/city suitable for a light stroller ?

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Road/city suitable for a light stroller ?

I have a 3 year old kid. I am wondering whether I should carry a stroller or its a waste !

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,176 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road/city suitable for a light stroller ?

Street crossing in Cairo is the craziest I have EVER seen and I have traveled extensively. There are not necessarily sidewalks every where. I can not imagine navigating a weave through the insanity with a stroller before me. Taxis are VERY affordable so I would count on taxis instead of planning any extensive walking with a toddler. We are going next year with our then to be 9yr. old and even with her, I plan on taking taxis often, despite the fact that we live in Europe and walk or bike everywhere.

I also would do everything in my power to keep the kid at my level, as their little noses are right at the height that the exhausts spews from the cars. Even I was over come at one point and nearly stumbled into on coming traffic.

Marlbank, Ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Road/city suitable for a light stroller ?

I absolutely agree with phread - the roads are craxy - picture a road made for 3 lanes of traffic with 5 rows of cars on them - then imagine what rush hour is like - that's the general idea - the sidewalks are extremely crowded and badly maintained - good luck!!