We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments

Austria
12 posts
Save Topic
Comments

Hello Darsh,

Thank you very much for your reply.

My Symposium will be in El Minya.

yes, I have already contacted with 2 travel agencies.The first wants 550$(!!!)for 3 days staying in hotel with 2 transfers from cairo to El Minya and back.The second says, that I should pay all amount to their account before coming to Egypt(!!!).

But I know that I should pay as booking(or making a room reservation)maximum 20% of all summe before arriving to Egypt.

Therefore I would like to arrange a hotel after arriving to Egypt right in El Minya.

It would be kond of you to give me some advices.

Thank you beforehand.

Anar

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments

I have been to Minya several times and never had any trouble getting a nice hotel at a decent price. Trains from cairo to Minya are not expensive. Do not pay those ridiculous prices you were quoted!!!!

Austria
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments

Thank you very much.I expect it is possible to find a hotel in El Minya for 40-50$ per day. Is it real? Which hotels are preferable?

Maybe you know any phone number or E-mail address of these hotels.

How much costs the train from Cairo to El Minya?

It would be kind of you to support me with giving any information regarding hotels in El Minya and about trains from Cairo to El Minya.

Thank you beforehand.

Sincerely,

Anar