We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel to stay in Cairo, budget 200AU

Australia
Level Contributor
2,373 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
What hotel to stay in Cairo, budget 200AU

Hi

We are young adventurous 60/70 visiting Egypt for the first time and I am shocked at the prices of hotels in Egypt.

We enjoy a comfortable, clean hotel in a location where we can easily walk to resturants in the evening, so we arent stuck dining at the high prices in the hotel. A view of the Nile would be wonderful if we could get it.

We were intending to spend 5 nights there at the end of September/beginning of October to fully explore Cairo and visit the pyramids before heading off to Luxor for a cruise.

I was recommended either the Semiramis Intercontential and the Marriott as possibilities.

However the best rate with all the taxes that I can find is about $260AU or US and that doesnt include breakfast. It is however a Nile view Room which I have told is the best rooms to have.

That is just out of our budget at this stage as we will be travelling in total for 12 weeks. I dont want to be in a dump either but could someone recommend another hotel that would be located in a convient area for us.

I have read the reviews but I am not sure about location of the hotels.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Janderra

1. Re: What hotel to stay in Cairo, budget 200AU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, July 05, 2011