We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curious....what have people forgotten

Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
Curious....what have people forgotten

I leave for Cairo in 5 days finally. I am excited and wondering what are the things that people have forgotten to pack?

Lee

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

Hopefully I've never managed to forget to pack them but I'll jot them here to encourage others to remember......

Good sense of humour - this will get you out of any number of awkward situations and help you get the most out of your whole holiday experience.

Large bag of salt - so that you can keep dipping into it. You are, especially as a women, likely to get lots of flattering/amourous etc comments which you do need to 'take with a pinch of salt'!

Australia
Level Contributor
316 posts
2. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

boring...

very sensible advise and for weight restrictions I will take only a picnic sachet of salt...........lol

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Ukraine, Lutsk, Chernivtsi
Level Contributor
22,619 posts
342 reviews
3. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

Hi Lee,

There are very few major things I always check before leaving: tickets & passport, money & credit cards, cell phone (with destination contacts I might need already there) & its charger. Perhaps medicine should be added to the list.

With all these you can easily get around and get the rest, less crucial in my opinion, if forgotten. And imagine this light travel! :)

Have a great trip!

Edited: 3:27 am, September 11, 2010
New York City
Level Contributor
478 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

I usually take everything but the kitchen sink- still havent learned how to pack light! For an Egypt trip people recommend things like bandaids, flashlight, UV blocker umbrella, eye drops, packs of tissues, extra bag to take home all that shopping. happy travels

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
50 reviews
5. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

A good hat, binoculars, insulated carrier for water bottle, toilet paper, & a small flashlight (I use a mini-maglight).

Australia
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
6. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

Leesy make sure you take a couple of pens, useful as baksheesh when you have NO change and at the airport where there are none. Some ziplock bags - I never go to Egypt without them, wet wipes & also handy is a few clothes pegs for pegging your washing on the balcony, it is embarassing retrieving knickers from pool area;)

Lastly, a huge helping of patience won't go astray, things can sometimes take a while to do in Egypt. My favourite answer to a "when" question is "maybe after one hour" which can mean several hours or never but they dont like to disappoint you.

7. Re: Curious....what have people forgotten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 11, 2011