We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camels at the Giza "Panorama"

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
513 posts
254 reviews
Camels at the Giza "Panorama"

At the risk of beating a dead horse (or perhaps I should say camel) when it comes to camel rides at Giza, I've read that a good place for your de rigeuer photos of yourself/spouse on a camel is at the panorama of the 6 pyramids.

A couple of questions;

1. Is the panorama a certain spot or area at the pyramid site? If so, is it marked in any fashion? Or to you just go until you get a good view of all the pyramids?

2. Does one walk to the panorama area and then haggle (ugh) for a camel ride/photo - or does one get on a camel back at the stalls near the entrance and then ride out to the panorama?

3. It seems that good price for an hour's ride on a camel is LE40/per person and camel. I would guess that a half-hour would be about LE25 - LE30?? Is a half hour enough time for a jaunt out to the panorama (assuming one starts back at the stalls near the entrance) to include 5 minutes or so for photos?

4. Can one wait to pay until after the ride and returning and dismounting at the starting point, or generally must you pay before you get on and then haggle over additional fees when you get off?

Thanks for enduring another question about camels at the pyramids.

Edited: 5:14 pm, August 25, 2010
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
50 reviews
1. Re: Camels at the Giza "Panorama"

The panorama is an area just south of Menkaure's Pyramid (smallest of the 3 major ones). From there you can see the 3 satellite pyramids belonging to Menkaure's relatives, plus The Big Three.

I don't recall seeing camels for rent there. Camels can be hired at the stables or on the east side of The Great Pyramid of Khufu (at least as of my most recent trip in 2006).

2. Re: Camels at the Giza "Panorama"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, February 22, 2011