We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyramids at Giza

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Pyramids at Giza

Hi

Can someone tell me is it worthwhile going into the pyramids at giza, is there much to see inside the pyramids or is it a waste of money

Thanks

senegal
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyramids at Giza

hi my name is sadibou i come from senegal i'm student in egypt

the pyramids i don't know about inside the pyramids but it's very nice to visit the pyramids it's wonderful the pyramids

London, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyramids at Giza

Hi

It is not a full day to visit the Pyramids. You can go inside the big Pyramid or the smallest.

There is not much to see inside them but it is an experiance. Only about 20 Egyptian Pounds to go in the smallest and a couple of pound for the guy inside.

You also have the Sphinx to see as well.

My view for what it worth is go to the Pyramids if you can. We did a 6 hour round trip (with an overnight stay) and it was so worth it an amazing site.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyramids at Giza

Deb,

The first pyramid after the Giza entrance is Khufu's. This pyramid has three small pyramids for the mother, wife and sister of the pharoh. You can enter two of these small pyramids for free (if the electricty is working :-). This will give you an idea if you want to enter the larger pyramids. The trip inside the larger pyramids is steep, has a low ceiling, and stale air. The entry prices for the main pyramids has gone up. By memory, I believe it was LE 70 in December 2004. Entry is rotated to different pyramids daily. You won't know which are open until you get there. For smaller crowds, you might try a pyramid at Saqqara instead of Giza. My Egypt fan kids tried the queen's pyramid, and decided that was enough. There are no hyrogliphics or artwork inside the Old Kingdom pyramids; only empty rooms. I would spend more time at Thebes.