We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel rides @ Giza

Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Camel rides @ Giza

I am traveling to egypt in a month and I would like to know if someone knows an agency or a person we can trust to take us on a camel ride at the pyramids.

Calgary
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel rides @ Giza

We just got back from Egypt, we spent 4 days in Cairo.

Emad Abuhadeda, who we hired as a private tour guide took us for a Camel ride at Giza. Myself and my wife have nothing but good things to say about him. He is a VERY honest man, and he watched over us while showing us around. He never marked up any of the admission tickets and was very fair. His email address is emadhadeda@hotmail.com. You can tell him that his Canadian tourist, Tim says HI.

2. Re: Camel rides @ Giza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:31 pm, February 10, 2010
Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel rides @ Giza

Since the prices for the various sites are printed on the tickets it would be rather unwise, not to mention silly, to mark them up.

However, there is no fixed price for a camel ride, and the price will depend on your bargaining skills and the amount of time you wish to ride. Some travellers are masters in bargaining and manage to get the price down to maybe 30 LE for an hour, others pay 50 LE for half an hour and others again pay more.

Sure a guide is handy in those situations, but you can also do it yourself and do not need a guide. The guide will most likely not ride with you anyway.

Happy riding :-)

4. Re: Camel rides @ Giza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 10, 2010