We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most luxurious Nile cruise

sks
California
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
most luxurious Nile cruise

Can someone please let me knnow what is the most luxurious Nile crusise and refer me to their web-site. Thanks.

Australia
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Hi sks'

From whaT i've been told the most luxurious nile cruises are the Abercrombie and Kent cruises(but pretty pricey). Have also heard people raving about Sonesta Moon Goddess (5-star Deluxe) check out their web site www.sonesta.com. Another one is the Movenpick boat.

hope this helps

Abu Dhabi, London...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Have you checked out the M/S Alexander The Great? I am currently considering boooking it for my honeymoon. From the pictures and description it defintely looks 5 star++ and is by far more modern and luxurious looking then all other ships I have reviewed.

It is owned and operated by:

Jolley's Travel

www.jolleys.com/cruise_details.asp?ID=6

Other websites with M/S Alexander pictures/info

ww3.interoz.com/hotels/toursearch20.ihtml…

(On this site click to download the powerpoint presentation of the yacht's photo gallery)

http://www.planet-egypt.host.sk/grz.htm

Abu Dhabi, London...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Nile Cruise Ships

Alexander the Great - Your all suites Yacht on the Nile!

30 luxurious suites, (27 sq. meters), all with large Nile view windows. Each cabin has private bathroom and bathtub, hairdryer, bathrobes, color television, internal telephone, safe deposit box, mini-bar and fully air-conditioned, with individual cabin control.

This 70m luxurious Nile Cruise Yacht offers offers shaded sun deck with outdoor bar, Heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi, Luxurious restaurant seating 70 person, Luxurious styled lounge bar, Two boutiques, Central video system with 3 channels - one of them is dedicated for outside sites while navigating, Gymnasium, Health club (Shiatsu massage / Turkish bath) and Solarium sundeck.

Entertainment and activities onboard include Nubian folklore Dance show, Belly dance show, Galabeyia party, Captain cocktail party, welcome fruit drink, A-la-carte dining with gourmet international menus, Tea and coffee during every meal.

For your safety Alexander the Great has Germanischer Lloyd specifications, Water purification system with 4 filter processes including chlorine and ultraviolet treatment, Metal detectors in all rooms and public areas, Blohm & Voss fire resistant partitions and ceilings, Full sprinkler system and smoke detectors in all cabins.

Electricity: 220 V / 50 Hz (regular southern European two-pronged sockets).

Links with pics:

tourlite.com/hotels/greeceeastmed2005.html

Cairo
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Hello,

I really recommend Sonesta Nile Cruises (moon goddess, Nile Goddess and Sun Goddess)

try this site www.sonestanilecruises.com or www.sonesta.com

Philae Oberoi is one of the best 5* deluxe ships in the Nile www.oberoi.com

Radamis cruises (3 deluxe ships) under Movenpick management .

Good Luck

Need more information, please do not hesitate to contact me. nadine2oo2@hotmail.com

Torquay, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

I have just returned from a 6 night cruise on Alexander the Great. Fabulous!

The boat has been refurbished to a very high standard with 30 guest suites. We chose the vessel as we thought that the maximum number of people on board would be 60. I must admit, therefore, that we were very slightly disappointed on arrival when we were allocated a cabin on the lower deck, despite requesting one on the upper deck. We were unable to change cabins as the voyage to Aswan was fully loaded with Spanish and Italian tourists (including children) so the actual number on board was nearer 70. This made the buffet lunches rather crowded, too few sunbeds (only 30), and of course the kids rather monopolised the pool. This of course was only a problem when sailing and we were doing lots of sightseeing ashore. Also there was no free seating in the dining room. Groups were sat together at the beginning and that is how they stayed throughout the cruise. I do admit though, it is a nice way of meeting fellow travellers and our group was extremely good company.

However, none of the above issues really detracted from our enjoyment . Most people departed when we arrived at Aswan, and we then had as much space as we could want (only 16 Brits + 2 Italians + 2 Norweigians) and all of us on the lower deck were offered the chance to move to a higher deck.

Food and service was absolutely wonderful. Dinners consisted of 5 courses and the Egyptian wine was very reasonably priced and very good too! All staff on board were friendly and efficient and of course the scenery is just superb

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Plus to all what is mentioned , may be you can look on Setifirst Nile cruises as well as Movenpick cruises ( Radamis 1 and 2 )

Also still some more cruises are the Al Gamila , Al Kahila

but hte top of all are the Sonesta sun and moon goddess as well as ALexander the great

sorry i dont have websites available but you can search for it

have a nice trp

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

We have just returned from Nile cruise on Movenpick Ramadis I, we had a fantastic time but would not class this as 5* the cabins were well worn, we had a leak from the aircon and as the ship was full we could not change rooms. That said the food was excellent and the staff could not have been more friendly pleasant and polite. We did notice that when going through other boats when docked they seemed more luxurious

monterey
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

Newest ship is Sonesta Star Goddess(2006) all suites.

perth wa
Level Contributor
112 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

thanks folks.

we are going on the sonesta moon godess in september, it's nice to see all your positive comments. makes my wife much happier as it's our forst time in egypt.

thanks

Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: most luxurious Nile cruise

CHANNANG - please post a review when you return. My husband and I will be on the Sonesta Moon Goddess in November. Since there are so many ships on the Nile, it is difficult to find anyone who has actually been on a specific ship. So, I would love to hear what you thought about the cabins, meals, how the tours were run, etc.

Enjoy your trip. We can't wait for November.

Bond