We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel ride

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camel ride

How much should I pay for a 15 mins camel ride please ( 2 people ride on a camel) ? Do I need to tip them seperately?

Thanks a lot.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel ride

In my own experience I managed to get two people on a camel for half an hour for 25 LE, but I was renting 4 camels and do live here and speak Arabic. Just keep that price in mind and try to aim for it, there are no fixed prices, it is all about negotiation !

You may want to tip the camel boy - think that 5 LE would be ok, but if he was not polite I would not tip him anyway. The camel man did try to trip me when all my relatiaves got off their camels, saying that it was 50 LE when 2 people were riding, but I did not accept this and just paid the 25 LE, these people are quite tricky, so just be firm. You might as well go for half an hour as I boubt they will take less than what I stated about.

Pay only what you agreed for.

Regards

Wendy

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel ride

Correction :

"I doubt they will take less than what I stated above"

Wendy

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel ride

Thank-you so much, Wendy.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel ride

I think the price Wendy just mentioned to you can be fine but you must expect they will try to trick you some how, so my advise is do not pay them anything till the ride is ended , sure that you must agree on all details with the man before you start the ride,

regarding tip also I agree with Wendy, 5 le or max 10 for both of you together if the boy was nice and made you pictures from nice spots

wish you great trip

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camel ride

Egyptian Guide, thank-you.

6. Re: Camel ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 pm, October 23, 2009