We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Hi, I am about to book a tour with a Cairo based company called delta Tours. Has anyone dealt with them? Are they good?

Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Use delta@deltatoursegypt.com

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Dear Land Down Under,

hopefully you went through with the arrangements. I used them last December. We had an EXCELLENT trip. Please see my other posts. They recently went through a name change (presumably to make them more English friendly), but it is the same family ownership. Do give them some idea of your reasons for going, and what you are like. They will try to match a guide to you.

I also wired money to them (with hope that I wasn't going to lose the money). It worked out just fine. Walid and his family were very gracious hosts. Have a geat time in Egypt.

Native Plants

Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Thanks Native Plants! I am dealing with Hamed. Did you deal with him at any stage? I will wire 25% of the money (fingers crossed there will be no problems). I have 3 free days in cairo so I think I will go to Alexandria. I am thinking about St Catherine's monastery, the Sinai or like you suggested, the desert but am still not sure. I will go in December so I still have plenty of time. What cruise did you go in? Hamed has suggested Beau Soleil.

Thanks again!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

LDU,

we cruised on Miss Egypt. The ship is newer, the rooms very nicely appointed, and the staff wonderful. We had a great time on the cruise. They even packed us a box lunch so that we could stay in the West Bank longer that day. The food buffet had something to please everyone. Even our 8 and 11 year old kids had plenty to choose from. Because we booked through an Egyptian travel agent, there were no other Americans on the ship - what a breath of fresh air! :) The only negative thing about the cruise is that the pool and jacuzzi were not heated. I think this may be common through many hotels and ships. Oberoi excepted.

The guide that we had was Rashid (anglicized nick name). He was VERY knowledgeable, and made himself available for after-dinner questions. He matched us very well, as we were there for an education more than entertainment. He did not accompany us on any shopping ventures, which suited us just fine. He preped us very well before we entered any place that he was not allowed to go (guides are not permitted in small spaces like tombs). Do tell Delta what you are looking for in a guide. They have several that they deal with. Unless you knew that you were dealing with subcontracted guides, it would appear seamless. The whole experience was very positive. Perhaps excepting the train toilets in the morning. Euuu.

For homework before you go, see:

www.thebanmappingproject.com

I just tried the site, and it is down:(

Native Plants

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Hello;

I have not used Delta but have heared favorable reports on them. I was deciding between them and ICAN travel. I decided to go with ICAN just because they offered a cheaper rate. Communication with them has been great. I had to wire 50% of the money to them to confirm the booking. Hope this helps.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Landdownunder;

Hi;

I am a travel agent and have in the past sent clients on tours and we have also had to wire 50% of the money. The tour companies use that portion to secure the hotel rooms and cruises with that. I am heading over myself in October and have wired the money. I have not dealt with Delta but have heard they are good. Check with Mohamed at ICAN tours. Feel free to mention my name. Annette Red Der Canada.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Well delta egypt is no longer available at

http://delta@deltatoursegypt.com/

have they gone out of business/

traveling with aloha

the coconut wireless

Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Try www.deltatoursegypt.com/delta_tours_egypt.htm

Bangkok
5 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

During I made a deal with them which nearly conclued,I ask them for some more information last month.Up until now I didn't get any answer from them again.I also wonder whant 's happen to them.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Delta Tours - any thoughts?

Did you ever book your tour with them? Thanks!