We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what hotel to choose

kent
1 post
Save Topic
what hotel to choose

im going to eygpt in may for four days to see pyramids and museum mainly since reading about the hotel i booked am worried what to do i booked cataract pyramid resort and now are thinking of changing to oasis hotel we cannot afford anything more expensive am worried about the rooms being not clean which is best?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what hotel to choose

Hello,

Will give a wider answer than the question required !

With 4 days in Cairo you will be able to see more than just the Pyramids and the Museum.

Please have a look at this page which suggests the main things to see and also gives a link to recommended private guides :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c84700/Cairo:…

The Oasis, has nice gardens, but I do not like its location, is is very distant from everything, myself I would not like to stay there for that reason. You might have to pay a lot in transportation just because of its remote location.

The Cataract Pyramid Resort, does have a lot of bad reviews, so I would not be comfortable with that either.

So why not go through the Cairo and Giza forums and try to pick out another hotel within the range you are thinking of and focus on location and quality.

Today I created a new Insider page - about the various districts of Cairo and their hotels, please take a look, it should help you to understand the city better and make the choice of hotel easier :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85757/Cairo:…

Regards

Wendy

2. Re: what hotel to choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 20, 2009