We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco to Egypt

Dublin
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Morocco to Egypt

Can anyone recommend a cheap way of getting from Morocco to Egypt? I am travelling to Marrakech in Dec but would like to spend 3/4 days in Cairo also? Flights seem quite expensive from Marrakech to Cairo (Around 300€) but if thats average at least I know to stop looking.Is there an outside city airport that would be cheaper to fly into?I don't mind roughing it for a couple of hours

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Morocco to Egypt

I advise you to try to search Egyptair, the only way to get from Morocco to Egypt is flight, try both Egypt Air and Morocco airlines and see which one to get you better rate, when you get in egypt air page make egypt as your home country that will get you better rates

perth wa
Level Contributor
112 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Morocco to Egypt

we did this flight last year. the price for egypt air and royal maroc airlines should be the same as they code share on the flights between casablanca and cairo. we did it as a return starting in cairo, the cairo to casa leg was egypt air and was great, nice clean plane, good food and polite and attentive staff. however going back we had royal air maroc, old plane and not well looked after, whilst the staff seemed to pretend we weren't there. we flew domestic with them from marakech to casa, they "misplaced" our luggage for 2 1/2 hours at casa, so of course our transfer into casa for the day had left and we had to get a cab. not the best experience but maybe you can arrange your flights to be egypt air both ways.

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Morocco to Egypt

Royal Air Maroc and Egyptair do codeshare this flight but when I booked, Royal Air Maroc had cheaper fares. As The Egyptian Guide says, just check both websites, then book the cheaper one; it's the same flight. We booked with Royal Air Maroc but both flights were operated by Egypt Air. That was my first experience with EgyptAir and it was fantastic. I had THE best couscous I've ever had in my life on that flight. :-) Still, fares are not cheap by any means. I guess that's to be expected since it's a 5 hr direct flight.

TB08

perth wa
Level Contributor
112 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Morocco to Egypt

giventhe difference in the plane and the level of service, i'm not surprised royal air maroc is cheaper. it should be

doha
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Morocco to Egypt

well dear jult this is a good rate but try also return ticket, it could work out better for u

ham

6. Re: Morocco to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 08, 2010