We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

Algiers, Algeria
Level Contributor
483 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

Hello

I have checked some information regarding the ferry from Aqaba to Taba , it seems that there is a tourist ferry which is the fastest one that costs 90 USD ? is that correct ?

Well , i am planning only one single trip on the ferry since my onward ticket back home is from cairo , would that be ok ?

How to reach cairo from taba ? bus ? hire a driver ? what's the average cost & duration?

Best regards

4 replies to this topic
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

There is a fast ferry yes, but their schedules are not well organized.. anyway you can contact them on http://www.abmaritime.com.jo/ar

from Taba to Cairo you can take a bus, don't remember the price exactly but sure it was less than 15 USD.

it takes 6 hours by car but it is longer by bus .

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

There are two ferry services running out of Aqaba to Nuweiba daily.

For more info, please read ‘Report: ferry between Aqaba and Sinai (April 2017)’ at https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29398…

In Nuweiba, take taxi to Dahab. In 2017.09, journey time is 60min.

In Dahab, there are few bus services by ‘Go Bus’ to Cairo. In 2017.09, journey time is 10hrs, fare USD10pp. For schedule and booking, please browse https://go-bus.com/en

FYI.

Guwahati, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

from Cairo to Jordan if i want quickest mode other then air. is it ferry or road

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?

Probably road, as you would go from Aqaba into Eilat and then from Eilat in to Taba and then take the Cairo bus which would take 10 - 12 hours.

By ferry you take the ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba which can take 4 - 6 hours including embarkation and disembarkation times, and then the bus which can take 10 - 12 hours ( depending if via St Catherine or Sharm ). ( See recent threads on bus services ).

With the ferry you are sailing to a specified timetable which may suddenly be delayed, with road the border between Aqaba and Eilat closes at night. The ferry costs from $75 upwards whereas through Eilat you pay Israeli departure of about $30 + as well as the Taba tax of LE 400 ( around $ 23 ). Plus a tax from one border in Eilat to the other. Maybe $10.

Not really much difference in cost or time. My personal choice would be to take the ferry as its a nice relaxing trip once the ship sails and less hassle at borders. But if travelling to a fixed schedule then through Eilat is better.

Reply to: Jordan to Egypt by ferry ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted