We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

Me and a friend will be arriving Cairo on 24th April 2018 at 6pm. Our flight home will be on 01st May 2018 at 6pm.

Need some suggestion to fill in our expedition in Egypt (8 days 7 nights)

I was thinking of Cairo - Luxor - Aswan (if possible includes Abu Simbel).

10 replies to this topic
Giza Governorate...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

It's easy for the program do you need we talk private

1 post
2. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

You may email me or whatsapp +60163390343

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

(1) Fly to Cairo for a couple of days to see the Pyramids, Museum, Islamic Cairo etc. Fly to Aswan for another couple of days with a day trip to Abu Simbel. Drive to Luxor with stops at the main sites along the way (eg Edfu). Spend two or three days in Luxor seeing the sites on the west and east banks before flying back to Cairo for a little more sightseeing and/or shopping before the flight home.

(2) Ignore posts and PMs from would-be guides etc who are flagrantly touting for business on TA.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

Thank you...

Giza Governorate...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

Thanks we are here for helping

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
28 reviews
6. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

You’re welcome. I should add that It’s not wise to publish your contact details on here as you will just get a lot of spam for your trouble. If you do want tours, there are lots of companies and lots of choices. In short, you don’t need the sort of desperate, self-promoting clown who (contrary to TA’s rules and regulations) peddles his/her services on here.

e b
Tracy, California
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

i agree with bbeckett's post.

but first, i would suggest you buy a local sim card when you arrive in Egypt. They have stalls at the arrival area at the airport (price is premium) or you can also buy it anywhere in Cairo. I opted to buy it in the airport so i can get internet right away.

7 nights in Egypt is perfect. I stayed for 5 nights and i was tired and i missed a few things that i wanted to do.

I flew to Aswan using egypt air but nile air also flies there. Before you leave home, make arrangements with your hotel about a bus trip to abu simbel. I was quoted 700 EGP which already includes the taxi pick up from the airport, bus pick up at the hotel at 3 a.m. for abu simbel and the trip back. That's a good deal since i was charged 1550 EGP. I did that because i was pressed for time and my flight arrived in aswan at 6:30 a.m. By the way, the drive is about 3 hours. As an alternative, you can also fly to Abu Simbel directly through Egypt air. I didn't do that because it was out of my budget.

In Aswan, you can visit the Philae temple and just walk around.

For Aswan to Luxor, you can either take the train (3 hours) or have a private car. Again, have these arranged by your hotel. You can stop at Edfu and Kum Ombo (sp?) on the way. I don't think you need a guide to visit these temples if you read up before you go.

There's lots of stuff to see in luxor. You can even ride the hot air balloon, which you can buy at travel shops near the winter palace. You can also do afternoon tea at the winter palace - something i missed because i did not have enough time in luxor.

Fly back to cairo for your flight back home.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

Cool...

I will be arriving sometime at 6pm in Cairo. There goes my 1st day in Cairo. Probably I will do a night walk around Cairo on the 1st day.

The next day (2nd day) I was thinking of Cairo City Tour (museum and such).

3rd day I am planning for Giza.

Early morning on 4th day, fly to Luxor and start with full day walk around Luxor City.

5th day I was thinking of day trip to Aswan and go back to Luxor on the same day. I know I will miss Abu Simbel, but I dont think I will have enough time and fund...hahaha

On 5th day continue with Luxor plus Hot Air Balloon.

6th day fly back to Cairo and do some final explore to Cairo (and bit of shopping perhaps).

The next day fly back home....

Is this ok?...or should I add some/adjust some.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

If you intend to visit Aswan for a single day, you will have to start your return journey before sundown and,as it’s about 4 hours each way, you won’t have a lgreat deal of time for sightseeing.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan

I know. That is the problem. I keep on thinking to choose either Luxor or Aswan. I think Luxor could offer more than Aswan. Furthermore, moving from one hotel to another can be bit tiring.

I may have to loose some fascinating Aswan's sights (especially Abu Simbel)

Reply to: Cairo - Luxor - Aswan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted