We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Airport Visas

2 posts
1 review
Cairo Airport Visas

Hi all,

I was checking out the information about Egyptian visas and for what i have read i can buy them at the airport before going through customs.

However my flight will be landing in Cairo at 2 am. Does anyone know if it's possible to acquire visas in the Cairo Airport at that time?

Thank you.

Edited: 2:21 pm, November 19, 2017
27 replies to this topic
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Yes they are open as long as flights r coming in. No worries.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

If there’s an international flight(s) due in, the bank kiosk(s) in the arrivals hall will be open to sell visas at $25 per person. This assumes you carry one of the passports (eg US, UK, EU) which qualifyi for a visa on arrival.

Edited: 2:44 pm, November 19, 2017
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Thank you for the replies. :)

Townsville...
2 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Hi

I'm travelling from Australia on an Australian passport in December. Is the cost of the Egypt visa $25 US dollars. I'm just in the process of sorting out some US cash so I want to have the correct cash when I arrive. I'm assuming that an Australian passport is also okay to use to obtain a visa from a bank kiosk in the arrivals hall. Please confirm. Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Yes, Australian nationals are entitled to a visa on arrival. Yes, the cost of the visa is $25,(USD) per person.

Townsville...
2 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Thank you. :)

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told that the price of a visa went up to $60 US dollars earlier this year (at least for US passport holders). Is it still $25? I'm travelling to Egypt in December and would like to have the correct amount on hand. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

They changed their minds and. at least for the moment, it’s stll $25 per person.

Edited: 7:28 am, November 22, 2017
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Great news! Thanks for the info!

Moscow
Level Contributor
931 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Cairo Airport Visas

Yes, it's still $25.00. I was able to pay in Egyptian Pounds having drawn cash from the ATM in the immigration hall. Cost 450 EGP.

Reply to: Cairo Airport Visas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted