We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
481 reviews
Save Topic
Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

HI

We have an overnight transit at Cairo airport. Arrive around 2230 and leave at 0800 from Terminal 2.

Which is the easiest for transit?

Won't be walking since have luggage and the other half in tow:)

Both hotels offer meet and greet and free airport shuttle but would be grateful for any advice from the forum to see if one is better than the other?

Am not too bothered about the difference in cost since Le Meridien is slightly more expensive but more interested in how quickly we can get to bed to maximise our sleep before our travel.

Many thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

If you would arrive and leave from terminal 3 so you would walk through a bridge to Le meridian hotel. it takes longer to drive to the hotel. If you would arrive and leave from different terminal so both are Betty the same about 5 minutes driving to airport

Edited: 3:05 pm, October 20, 2017
Australia
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

I just stayed at the Le Meridien airport hotel and if you can afford it, I would definitely stay there. It still has that brand new feeling and the service was excellent.

I used the hotel shuttle only on my departure to Terminal 2 the next morning, it was under 5 mins door to door.

I didn't pre book it, just asked the limo desk in the lobby and he said it leaves every half hour.

There were only two of us on the shuttle and I was dropped off first at T2, the other passenger was for T3, all very efficient.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

We love the Meridian, prebook transport and tell them your flight and they’re usually there in a couple of minutes, or you can use the walkway across. They have a fabulous breakfast buffet too.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?

Thanks everyone for your input. Since we have to pass through Cairo twice, I have booked the Le Meridien on the way out and since I had some accor points that were expiring (which I totally forgot about), have booked the Novotel on the way back using the points.

Reply to: Le Meridien or Novotel for a overnight stay near airport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted