We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

In the wake of recent civit disturbances, is Egypt a safe country for couples/Tourist in winter of 2017?

54 replies to this topic
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

What recent civil disturbances are these?

Partlow, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

We are also going in December 2017 and I haven’t heard about civil unrest or protesting recently. My fingers are crossed! We had a trip planned for 2 weeks after the Arab Spring got going and had to cancel. Things seem ok as of now.

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
337 reviews
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Not aware of any recent civil disturbance that would affect safety.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
11,168 posts
277 reviews
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

I'm off to Orlando in a couple of weeks

My wife is more worried about that than the recent 4 weeks in Luxor

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Thanks Susan and everyone for your comments. I just wanted to get general opinion about the current situation because FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) guidelines sometimes scare us. However, I'm with you guys that current situation is fine to explore this ancient country. I inquired through some sources regarding a westward journey from Cairo to Siwawi which gives you a a true desert life experience but govt of Egypt has stopped that for sometime due to security reasons. I will check back again if it gets open up during that time.. Thanks again to everyone

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
945 posts
223 reviews
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Kumar, I think you might mean Siwa.

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Yes, it's Siwa. Sorry for wrong spelling.

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

Avlon, it will be good if you could please share your thoughts on the westward journey I discussed about in my message above. TIA, Kumar

9. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 pm, October 26, 2017

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?

So, if I have this right, your listed home location Is Cairo but you nevertheless went “to Egypt...and traveled there 20 days” with a tour company that you’re constantly plugging on these forums. What a curious ‘coincidence’.

🤡

Reply to: Is it safe to travel to visit Egypt in December-2017?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted