We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Level Contributor
179 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Just want to give a heads up to Cairo Airport Shuttke for anyone looking for reasonable rate transport to and from Cairo hotels from the Airport. I was going to arrange pickup through my hotel but it was about $60 USD each way. I also thought about using Uber but I couldn't get wifi from the airport. Cairo Airport Shuttle is located right in the arrivals area ...to left the when you exit out of customs. We prebooked this online before we left for Egypt. It cost about 30 RT. They were on time to pick us up to go back Airport at 5am. The taxi situation outside seemed kind of like a nightmare.

25 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
179 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

One additional note is that this is a taxi service not a bus.

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

How much is 30 RT ???

London
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

$30 USD return

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Thanks for posting your experience, but I've a, hopefully, quick question.

You mention you were charged US $30 return and myown pre-paid booking from Terminal 3 to the Ramses Hilton, this coming August, is costing the equivalent of slightly less than £7 Sterling.

Just to help with putting the prices in perspective, for others, could you please let us know where your hotel was; obviously, if it was out by the Giza Pyramids, it's about twice the distance to the East Bank of the Nile, as the crow flies, but more if you go via the ring road;

Thanks

Level Contributor
179 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Hi. I just looked at my cc statement. It was actually about 380 LE which is about 21 USD so I was wrong. Our hotel was right by Tahrir Square. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Hi could you please send me the link for this as We are going in last week in May or can we arrange it as we come out of arrivals.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Cairoshuttlebus.com

Essex
Level Contributor
838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

I have to be honest my experience of them was awful, I booked in advance with full details of hotel inc my Egyptian telephone number.

Had to wait 30 mins at Cairo Airport and a few calls later. Driver did not speak any English or know where Tahrir sq was, even showed him on a map.

Different driver on the return, he was excellent.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

"Driver did not...know where Tahrir sq was,"

Unless he just left the farm and arrived in Cairo that morning, that seems rather unlikely. It seems more likely that he was hoping you didn't know where it was and would reward all his extra efforts to find it with a nicer tip.

Essex
Level Contributor
838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.

Dear BBB

I speak basic Arabic, either he had just arrived from Luxor or his brain was left in shisha bar somewhere.

He was on and off the phone, even handed me the phone to tell the person on the line where I wanted to go.

For some reason things did not compute with the driver.

Reply to: Cairo Airport Shuttle was excellent.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted