We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

1 post
Save Topic
Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

Hey guys!

I'm planning on visiting Cairo next month and would like to visit Giza, Dashur, Saqqara and Memphis in one day. How much should I expect to pay if I rent a taxi for the whole day? I plan to do this on my own, so I can decide how much time I want to spend at each site. No need to hire a guide.

Thanks in advance!

16 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,975 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

Too much. With bargaining you should still be able to hire a car or taxi for less, say $25.

Edited: 7:36 am, November 22, 2017
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

You will have a great time. In February there was only one tourist bus full of Chinese tourists at Saqqara and only 2

Other couples at Dashur. No one but us was in the Imhotep museum. I don’t like driving there at all—it’s so sad and filthy along

The water there——but its worth it once you are there. 10 years ago it was packed.

Tauranga
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

Could you please PM me your contact at General Tours? Thank you.

Cairo Governorate...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

I think you need helicopter not just a car ( because all sightseeing open at 08:00 and close at 16:00 )

That's mean you will do all those sightseeing in 2 days . According to the traffic in Cairo ( Which it's the worst in da world )

And I think the car will coast you around 200 l.e per day ( that's if you will do the sightseeing on 2 days )

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

Sorry, may be a bit late with this info.... generaltoursegypt.com.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.

I stumbled on this forum and was wondering if you ever got the driver for the day? I myself am looking for a driver and have just messaged General Tours Egypt (through Facebook, their Captcha on their messaging feature on their site is down at the moment). If you were able to get a driver who did you go through, how much was it, and did you like it?

Thanks!

Reply to: Giza, Dashur, Saqqara, Memphis whole day Taxi price.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted