We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

leicester
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

Planning to go to Sahram El Sheikh in Dec. would like to see the Pyramids what is the best way to go to Cairo

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

I think the best option is the plane.

UK
Level Contributor
810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

I agree, the plane is the best option, especially for a short visit.

leicester
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can you please give some idea of the cost of a return flight and where I can buy the flight ticket from

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,110 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

Hi,

Go to the Egyptair website, set your home country as Egypt, for the best price & you'll see the costs there. You can arrange an independent guide thru recommendations on the forum.

If the UK FO advice remains the same as now, you'll be travelling against their advice, so your travel insurance won't cover you re: health/accident etc.

That's fine, it's up to you; just saying so that you can make an informed choice.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

SonKLeicester, if you use EgyptAir online, select Egypt as your home country (from the drop down nationality menu at the top of the page). This will lower the price. I would guess that £70/80 or less, return is possible. Check the UK price too, as sometimes this may give you more flight options and times but may be more expensive. Alternatively, you can use a tour company.

Market Weighton
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

We went 2 years ago with Sharm Life (see website) cost £120.00 for everything, transfers, flight, english speaking guide, car, lunch, museum, drinks & icecream! We booked in U.K and paid a couple of days before going. It was a long day, but wouldn't have missed it for the world. The trouble in Cairo had already erupted and we saw the encampment in Tahrir Square, but no problems whatsoever. People are still visiting and reporting that it's very quiet. I would avoid Fridays though if you decide to go.You will need a visa.

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

The best way is to do one day tour by plane as it is more than 6 hours by bus so it will be better and more comfortable by plane so flight seems to be the only option

Edited: 4:48 am, October 28, 2013
8. Re: best way to go from sharm el sheikh to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 30, 2014