We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather at Christmas

Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Weather at Christmas

Hi can anybody tell me what the weather would be over Christmas as want to for my 50th and would love the sun thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,555 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather at Christmas

Where about in Egypt? It can vary from area to area; do you mean one of the Red Sea resorts?

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Level Contributor
459 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather at Christmas

If you mean Cairo, Cairo is cool during this time but it is windy , rainy and cool in Alexandria. Concerning Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada and Luxor and Aswan, it is warm in these areas and that is why people like to come to visit Egypt during this time

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Alexandria
Alexandria
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh
South Sinai, Egypt
Hurghada
Hurghada
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,852 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather at Christmas

I have been in Aswan and Luxor around Christmas. It is mostly warm and sunny but cooler at night and can be windy. It is perfect for sightseeing.

I believe the Red Sea resorts have similar weather. The Red Sea water temperature is fairly constant year round.

You don't say where you come from, but should check your government advice on travel to Egypt.

Mentioned in this post
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather at Christmas

Hi sorry for late reply but it will be Red Sea area and we are English but thanks for your replies

5. Re: Weather at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 14, 2014