We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Topic
Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

My partner and i want to travel to Egypt from mid October to early November.

1. Your Egypt Tours and Memphis Tours look good. Any recommendations?

2. I want to know how crowded these tours are, and the Nile cruises. Are the on big boats that have the same problems as the Carnival cruises. Is the Felucca tour worth it?

3. How much time should i spend in Cairo, on the water on the Nile cruise.

4. I see travelling to the Siwa/White desert takes hours. Is it worth the time.

Thanks

Memphis Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
Emo Tours Egypt
City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities
Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours, Day Trips
Falcon Adventure
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,754 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

This traveller article may be useful tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294200-c141912/Egy…

and member reviews of Cairo companies are here tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294201-Activi…

Each individual forum has a 'Things to do' link in the green 'Title Bar' and companies are under 'Activities'

Not sure what Carnival Cruises you are talking about. Boats are generally all the same size - Height is fixed by the need to get under a particular bridge and length & width because of the locks that they pass through. This is/was a typical Cruise boat size. flickr.com/photos/…set-72157633016636891

Tours are either with a group or private - This is reflected in the prices and should be clearly stated. With the state of tourism, crowds have not been a problem recently, although hassle is.

What has been happening, however, is that 2, 3 or 4 cruise boats have been getting amalgamated into 1 to make a semi-decent boat-load, so you can not guarantee that the boat booked is the one you will get.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

"4. I see travelling to the Siwa/White desert takes hours. Is it worth the time."

I think that you have been misinformed - unless all you have in mind is a "there and back" dash to take a few photographs, trips to Siwa oasis (near the border with Libya) and the White Desert (between Bahariya oasis and Farafra oasis) each take a couple of days, at least, travelling from Cairo.

Each is worth visiting but whether YOU consider the time and money well spent is really up to you - I suggest that you do a bit more background reading, here on T.A. for a start, to help you decide. With only 2 weeks at your disposal on this, your first, trip to Egypt, there is more than enough to see in the Nile River Valley and Cairo.

Cairo
Level Contributor
393 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

All the sites here now are not crowded so it will be a very good chance to enjoy Egypt. You can cover Cairo and the Nile cruise within 7 days then you can have an overnight tour to the desert so it will be about 10 days

4. Re: Egypt tour companies for 2 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 pm, October 18, 2013