We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quad bikes

Northampton
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Quad bikes

Hi, I am off to sharm in a few days and have just been in to Thomas cook to check to see if I have adequate travel insurance for quad biking.

They have said I'm insured but can not remember if its for the cage type quad bike or the one without but a helmet must be worn.

Does anyone know? As I would like to give these but not sure if the risk is worth it

Thank you for your time

D

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,390 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quad bikes

The only correct way is to go back to them and ask that question - all of us could tell you a load of rubbish and leave you without a leg to stand on

Hurghada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quad bikes

We sell these trips and my advice is always check and double check your insurance,I also have that same advice on my website,so please go back and make sure you are fully covered, we have never had a accident with our guests but they do sometimes happen,better safe than sorry,have fun,and don`t forget your sunglasses.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,831 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quad bikes

If your travel insurance is with T Cook then make sure you get the response in writing.

They do not usually have insurance cover just for the trips they offer. These are farmed out to independent opperators, 2nd, 3rd or 4th party. and it is up to the individual to ensure they have specific cover.

If you have other travel insurance the same applies, contact them and get confirmation in writing.

As Red Sea Fan says, accidents can happen.

Edited: 6:45 pm, March 20, 2013
4. Re: Quad bikes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 22, 2014