We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
"Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Has anyone used this company and gone on their "Discover Egypt" tour? Just wondering if they are a good, legit company as they seem to have a few good deals

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I have the exact same question. I am also looking at the Discover Egypt trip with them but am reluctant to use them until I read that they are legit. Anyone know anything about Travel Discounters?

2. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:18 pm, February 21, 2013
New York City, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I also have the same question.. Saw the deal on Travel Zoo but I can't find any external reviews for Travel Discounters.

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

And the quest for information continues.. how can this company be in existence this long and NO ONE on tripadvisor has ever used them?

Pittsburgh...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I can't beat their price anywhere on the Discover Egypt Tour, and can find nothing about them outside of the testimonials on their web page. Is this a case of if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is?

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Well I did see they are filed with http://www.tico.ca/ and no complaints

Ontario
Level Contributor
1 post
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I'm interested in this TravvelZoo offer but can't find any info on this operator. I live in Toronto where they have an office and see nothing about them even here. It seems strange that there are no reviews of them. It does sound too good to be true and I doubt that TravelZoo has any liability for the offers they promote should something be fraudulent.

New York City, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I'm starting to think it's too good to be true, too. They've been in business for 10 years supposedly and I can't find information on them anywhere online. Huge red flag. I also doubt Travel Zoo will take any liability should this offer be fraudulent.

Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I was also interested in this tour and called them about it... turns out they require a $1000 non-refundable deposit when you book the trip.

I tried to book with Gate 1 travel twice to go to Egypt and each time it was cancelled due to the conflicts (they've since removed Egypt as a destination) and was very happy with their flexibility and deposit policy. The $1000 non-refundable deposit this company requires raises some red flags for me.

Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Hi again anotherfan,I have just put a reply on your other thread (copied down)Could you please give me a link of this company Discover Egypt,how much is the price per person?

anotherfan,I contacted Memphis,Your Egypt tours,Brilliant Egypt and some other agents and the best price I got so far is from Memphis and Brilliant for this 8 days itinerary-5 star standard hotels,Memphis quoted 775USD and Brilliant quoted 795 (thats cheaper by 45USD than quoted on their website.

brilliantegypttours.com/eightdayssevennights…

memphistours.com/Egypt/Packages/Egypt-Classi…

On Memphis itinerary it includes only one day tour in Cairo and Sakkara pyramid and Memphis are optional and I have to pay extra to visit them but they are included with Brilliant tour. Memphis use Le Meridien pyramids hotel in Cairo and Brilliant use Safir hotel, I read tripadvisor reviews of both hotels Le Meridien pyramids seem to get many negative reviews but the other hotel Safir has many good reviews. I am still worried about staying in 5 star standard hotels,do you think I should upgrade? I have never been to Egypt before so I am not sure what to expect.

I need to book everything including my flights by next week so I have to make a decision very quickly.